I hope these FAQs provide you with a better understanding of breathwork and its benefits. If you have any other questions or would like to learn more about how breathwork can support you, please feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to working with you on your breathwork journey.
Rebirthing Breathwork is a powerful technique that uses conscious breathing to access and release deep-seated emotional, mental, and physical blockages in the body. It was developed by Leonard Orr and is based on the idea that we store unresolved traumas and negative emotions in our body, which can manifest as physical or emotional pain, stress, or illness.
During a Rebirthing Breathwork session, the practitioner guides the client through a series of connected breaths that are deep, rhythmic, and continuous. This type of breathing allows the body to take in more oxygen than it would through normal breathing, which can help to release blocked energy and emotions.
As the client breathes, they may experience physical sensations such as tingling or numbness in the limbs, or emotional responses such as laughter, crying, or anger. These experiences are a normal part of the process and are seen as signs that the body is releasing stored emotions and energy.
Rebirthing Breathwork is often used as a tool for personal growth and self-discovery, as it can help individuals to gain insight into their patterns of behavior, beliefs, and emotions. It has also been used to treat a variety of physical and emotional conditions, such as anxiety, depression, chronic pain, and addiction.
While Rebirthing Breathwork can be a powerful tool for transformation and healing, it is important to work with a trained practitioner who can guide the process and provide support. It is also recommended that individuals with a history of heart or respiratory issues consult with their healthcare provider before trying Rebirthing Breathwork.
Overall, Rebirthing Breathwork is a transformative technique that can help individuals to access and release deep-seated emotional and physical blockages in the body, leading to increased self-awareness, healing, and personal growth.
- Reduces stress: Rebirthing Breathwork relaxes the body and improves the mood by reducing stress hormones.
- Emotional healing: The repeated deep breathing technique helps in the healing of inner wounds and assists in the healing of our emotional minds.
- Healing through breath: Rebirthing Breathwork helps to release negative energy blockages that can be the root cause of many health issues. These blockages can be opened up using breathing techniques and can encourage the body to heal itself.
- Personal development: Rebirthing Breathwork can help you explore yourself and reach a higher level of consciousness. This technique encourages your body, mind, and soul to work together harmoniously, making you feel better.
- Mental clarity: Rebirthing Breathwork clears the mind and clarifies thoughts. Breathing techniques allow the brain to be filled with oxygen and thoughts to flow more rapidly.
- Spiritual development: Rebirthing Breathwork promotes spiritual growth and helps you reach a higher level of consciousness. It enables you to feel better, develop a positive mindset, and can help provide more clarity, passion and purpose.
A typical session takes 90 minutes to 2 hours
- (Mobile sessions) in Cheshire / Manchester
- 1 on 1 sessions: in Alderley Edge, Cheshire
- Online sessions will be held over Zoom at an agreed time and date.
- Group session locations: will be announced on the site
- For corporate and event bookings please email at: email@example.com
The number of breathwork sessions needed to experience the benefits can vary depending on the individual and their specific goals.
Some clients may notice immediate benefits after just one session, while others may require multiple sessions to achieve desired results.
I typically recommend starting with a series of 3-5 sessions to allow for a deeper integration of the breathwork practice and its effects.
If you are wanting to create long lasting, transformational change, a minimum of 10 sessions is highly recommended, with a session every 2 weeks if possible. After that, you can feel where you’re at, and whether you’d like to continue the sessions or if you would prefer longer to integrate. I am always available for support in between sessions via whatsapp.
Personally I only work with people over the age of 18 and please discuss before booking a session if you have any of the following:
- history of panic attacks, psychosis, or disturbances
- seizure disorders
- heart attack
- retinal detachment
- recent injury or surgery
A typical session may include energy and intuitive bodywork but this will be discussed in more depth before the session.
You can schedule a session with me, Elle, by reaching out through the contact form on my website or by contacting me directly via email or phone. I offer both in-person and online sessions, and I can work with you to determine the best approach based on your location and preferences.
Breathwork for Athletes
As a breathwork practitioner, I utilize various breathing techniques to help athletes optimize their performance. Breathwork involves conscious control and manipulation of the breath to influence physical, mental, and emotional states. Through specific breathing patterns, athletes can improve their focus, endurance, recovery, and overall well-being, enhancing their performance on and off the field.
Breathwork can be a powerful tool for managing stress and anxiety in high-level sports. By regulating the breath, athletes can activate the relaxation response, calm the nervous system, and reduce stress and anxiety levels. Breathwork can also help athletes develop greater mental resilience, emotional regulation, and self-awareness, which can enhance their performance under pressure.
Yes, breathwork can play a crucial role in injury recovery and rehabilitation for athletes. By incorporating specific breathwork techniques, athletes can improve circulation, increase oxygenation, and accelerate the healing process. Breathwork can also help athletes manage pain, reduce inflammation, and enhance mental and emotional coping skills during the recovery process.
Yes, breathwork can be beneficial for athletes in various sports, including but not limited to, endurance sports, team sports, individual sports, and combat sports. Breathwork can be tailored to each athlete’s unique needs and goals, regardless of their sport or level of experience. However, it’s important to consult with a qualified breathwork practitioner to ensure that the techniques are safe and suitable for your specific needs and health conditions.
Absolutely! Breathwork can be especially beneficial for athletes competing in high-altitude sports, where oxygen availability may be limited. Specific breathwork techniques, such as altitude training and oxygenation exercises, can help athletes adapt to the reduced oxygen levels, increase endurance, and enhance performance at high altitudes.